Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Teacher Fair Roller Coaster

So, I am currently attempting to find a teaching position for the Fall. I am looking all over the United States, not too picky on where I ended up. My main requirement is that I move out of the area. If I end up here, I would be okay with that, but I really want to have a new adventure in my life. I had my heart set on going to Virginia, but I found out that to teach health, you have to be certified to also teach Physical Education, which I am not. So, Virginia is out, and the other states are all in. Some people gave me a look of pity when I told them my subject area...sad! I went around the fair and talked with several places, but not one that particulary stood out. I was freaking out about the whole thing, but I am now calmer and more trusting in the Lord for my future. I know it will work out, there is a specific place for me to be in the Fall, and I will find that place when the time is right. I need to put more of my trust in Him, not doubting that there is a bigger plan for me than I have even imagined! This is a time to figure out where I really want and need to be, and finding the best way to get me there. I will keep you posted on the happenings of my adventures in finding the next step of my life! Please keep me in your prayers, and if you hear of anything, please let me know!

2 comments:

Tim and Maria Jones said...

I'm in the same boat you are. I didn't know you majored in health ed. I thought you were in theatre. crazy.

Tim and Maria Jones said...

FYI: there is a health/drivers ed teacher posted at the alpine school district's website. Just so you know.