Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A Grateful Heart part 2

With yesterday being Memorial Day, it seems more than appropriate to focus on freedoms and opportunities I have because of the sacrifices of so many people.

The Arlington National Cemetery is one of my favorite places to go when I am in that area. I have been a few times, and have enjoyed it immensely every time. There is a special spirit and reverence there, in honoring the many men and women who have sacrificed so much, including their own lives, for the freedoms and opportunities we enjoy, and honestly sometimes take for granted.

I am able to express my opinions, I am able to worship who and how I want, I am able to direct my own path, and I am able to choose where I live. There are so many things that we do each day that are automatic and normal, that to some are a dream or something they have to fight for each day.

There are many people throughout the world who have fought for those freedoms, who we have honored and have noted their names. There are others who are unknown to us, but who are known to our Heavenly Father. The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier honors those who are not known to us, but known to Him. This is the place that I am especially drawn to and feel inspired to honor those who have sacrificed for country without the honors of men. I feel a responsibility to them, to be able to make their sacrifice worth it.

May we live our lives in ways to honor the sacrifices of many-those we know and those unknown.


No comments: