Monday, February 14, 2011

A Hodge-Podge of Life

Change is a comin'! I found out this past week that I will have a new adventure the next school year. They are currently building new buildings as a part of Heritage Halls where Deseret Towers (DT) used to be. There will be a men's building and a women's building ready in the fall. I will be the hall advisor in the women's building, as well as the hall advisor over Young Hall, which will be a women's hall as well. What does this mean? I will have about 300 girls to watch over next year! I am excited, but also a bit overwhelmed and nervous. I know that I can handle it, that I won't be alone, and that I will have 5 amazing RAs (whomever they may be...)Here is a little preview of what my new digs will look like (at least from the outside of the building, and what they say it will be)


I also got to see some very special people in my life today. As you know, my MTC elders are home. I had the opportunity to go to see Michael Jensen and Todd Nelson at their home wards, and hear them speak. It was an amazing time for me, a wonderful day that I feel very blessed to have had. I also got to see some of the other people from my mission, some who I hadn't seen since I have been home before today!



Bingham and I still think we look related. I think this picture helps prove our point.

I love when my friends and I get a little silly with a camera around.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hot dress! Also, I don't think they look like church buildings in that picture.

Kris10 said...

Thanks! It's my Buglarian dress. I am glad you think they won't look like churches. Right now they are looking pretty church-like. I have had a few people tell me that. Here's hoping! :)

Naazju said...

The mockup sketches don't look like churches. I'm sure when they're closer to being done you'll change your mind.

And, yeah, you and the elder have the same smile and coloring. :)

Catie said...

I also love the dress. It makes you look like one hot mama K. :D