Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Grateful Heart part 5

Even having a goal, I struggle with posting! However, I am here today, so that is good!

I have been thinking about how grateful I am for the experiences I have had in my life-especially the ones that are catalysts for growth. Some of the hardest times in life reap the greatest rewards, even though it may be years before we realize the growth, knowledge, and experience we have truly gained from the experience.

I think of a time I went through when I was 21. It was one of the hardest experiences I had had to that point in my life. I know that I learned things at that time that helped me, and I became a better person because of it. However, it wasn't until 5 years later that I realized the importance of the experience, and truly appreciated the growth I had, because of one experience I had when I was 26. I would not trade the experience I had at 21 for the one at 26.

I think it is a great blessing to recognize specific reasons for experiences we have had, and it is awesome when we recognize it more than once. Our experiences are generally not a one time learning experience. We get to take the knowledge and growth with us throughout life, and help us as we face difficult times, or as we help other people.

I am grateful for the processes, for growth spurts, and for the ability to recognize all of it, and to truly appreciate it all.

No comments: