Saturday, November 10, 2012

synonym PART 3

The next part of the chaos that was August is an event that was so special to me, that it would have taken something HUGE to keep me away. My best friend of over 20 years (that's right!) got married! Jill married Seth and it was wonderful! It had also been a long time since I had seen her family, basically my adopted family, so it was a BIG deal for me.

I am so grateful to my boss, who let me go for a quick trip! I flew out mid-morning on Saturday and came back Sunday. I am also grateful for my family that I got to see while I was there, and to my sister, Lora, who let me stay with her, and steal her car!

Here are some of the pictures of the GRAND event!

Jill look radiantly, beautifully gorgeous! It was funny, because the last time I saw Seth (actually, met him), I was quite sick, and couldn't talk, and when he saw me, he said, "Hey! You can talk!" Anyway, then Jill came, looking amazing. It is so wonderful to see her so happy and belonging with Seth.
 
 They had their first dance. Seth doesn't dance much, so this was a big deal.
 Mark, Jill's dad, and Jill both love to dance, so they broke it down, and it was so great to see!
 I got to see some friends that I haven't seen in YEARS! Here are Josie and Fernando.
 Fernando, Sarah, and me. We were all pretty close in high school.
Sarah, Jill, and me. We go WAY back. Lots of fun, lots of love.
 The DJ did this dancing game, where the couples who were married the longest just kept dancing. Mark and Carol were out there a LONG time. I sure do love them!
 
While home, I also got to visit with the Wadell gang on Sunday. Lora and I headed their way, and it was so great! Betty is one of my mom's best friends, and one of my favorit people. It was fun to see 3 of her 4 kids and their kids. We go way back to when we were little ones. Time flies, even when we don't think it does.

No comments: