Sunday, January 09, 2011

New Year, New Adventures!

One of the perks of my job with the university is that I can participate in classes each semester. I have taken advantage of this opportunity, and have decided to audit 2 classes. I am taking an Old Testament class, taught by the same person from whom I took the first half of the New Testament. I LOVED her class, and am looking forward to this class. I am also taking a general psychology class. I am intrigued by this topic, and I figured a class would be a great way to learn more about it. One of the beauties of auditing is that I don't have to worry about any grades! I don't have to do the assignments or papers...Just pure learning without the stress. I plan on doing reading and such, but it is nice to not be concerned with MLA or APA!

Another new adventure in my life happened when my bishop at church asked to meet with me before Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. I knew I hadn't done anything wrong (smile here) so I thought maybe it was a new calling. Oh yes. It was. He called me to be in the Relief Society presidency in my ward! OH my! I look forward to this new adventure and am grateful to be able to serve.

I feel like my life is going in a positive direction. I feel more engaged and fulfilled with these new adventures in my life, these challeneges and opportunities for growth. I look forward to learning and developing.

PS...my MTC elders come home in 3 weeks!!! (that means I have been home for almost 6 months!!!)

No comments: