Sunday, February 21, 2016

Tender Mercy Doppelgangers

Silly title, but I think it fits perfectly.

Have you ever had a day when things are not going well? You just need to see a friendly, familiar face? You just need to feel loved?

It amazes me when I have these days, I am then blessed to see a doppelganger of someone near and dear to my heart.

It has thrown me for a loop sometimes, because you know that there is NO way it is the person you initially think it is, for several reasons, be it geography, current age, or perhaps they are no longer with us. As much of a loop as may be involved, I am grateful for those glimpses of reminders of the love, companionship, fun, friendships, memories, and relationships that have enhanced, improved, and blessed my life.

It's amazing what a friendly and familiar,  albeit unknown face can do for us on those not going well, need to see a friendly face days.

No comments: