Friday, November 02, 2007

High School Observance

So, I helped with the concessions stand at the Timpview Football game this afternoon. I know that I spend my time with high schoolers all the time at school, but it was very interesting to see them out of the classroom and in their groups and cliques, where they feel in control. It was interesting to see certain people who thought they owned the place, and they could do whatever they wanted, while others were just as polite as could be. It makes me remember my time in high school, and I am grateful that I am now an outside observer. High school is such a hard time of finding your place, figuring out who you are, and trying to fit in all at the same time. I am glad I am done, but also glad that I can see it, and try to help those people who may need it along the way, to remind them it does get better.

No comments: